Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Do You Like Me?



Do You Like Me?

This piece is inspired by the simple way in which children decipher if someone is mutually “Crushed Out”.

…:::Method:::…

1.Write Note

Do you like me?

Yes □

No □

2. Fold paper and pass to person in close proximity to target, ask them to pass it to Crush.

3. Crush reads note and responds. Note makes reverse journey. You receive answer, good or bad and the rest they say is history.


…:::Flash Forward:::…

In adulthood we often complicate things. Egos come into play, and past relationship successes and failures dictate how relationships blossom. Love is not formulaic nor is it bolstered by ego. It is free flowing and is only successful when couples respect that fact. When we infiltrate the natural feelings that love brings about,with analytical wonderings, we taint the natural experience that would have ensued had we just appeased nature.

…::::Confession:::…

After weeks of self torture, I have made peace with my past, my present and my future. As if that is not cliché enough, I am ready to embrace everything that love has to offer me. I have decided to put away my pretension, reservation and everything else getting in the way of my happiness.

So far my over processing the situation has only caused me insomnia, loss of appetite, loss of focus, misdirection (I literally drove the wrong way down a one way street) and hours of contemplation…I’m done. I’m so gone and that’s ok with me...hope he checks the "yes" box.

i t h i n k t h e r e f o r e i a m d a n g e r o u s